THE DOUBLE FLOWRIDER
MONDAY TO FRIDAY – 12.00pm to 9.00pm (last session starts at 8.00pm)
SATURDAY , SUNDAY & PUBLIC HOLIDAY – 11.00am to 9.00pm (last session starts at 8.00pm)
(Sessions run every hour, on the hour)
The Double FlowRider is the more gentler of the two waves available at Wave House Sentosa, and is the first step to your exhilarating flowboarding experience.
Endlessly fun to ride, this wave creates a safe, non-curling, endless sheet of water flowing at 20mph (32 km/h) over a composite vinyl surface, much like a trampoline. Riders can carve up and down the surface and perform many tricks similar to other board sports.
This wave offers riders of all levels, from beginner to expert, the perfect canvas to improve their flowriding.
The easiest way to enjoy the Double FlowRider is on a body board which makes it a big hit for people of all ages; kids on bodyboards especially love it and will stay on the flow all day long, while those wanting to learn to stand up on flowboards will start here to learn the skills they’ll need on the FlowBarrel.
So whether you are looking to ride like a pro or just to try something new and exciting, the Double FlowRider is where it all starts. Even if you have never tried flowriding, don’t worry, our instructors are here to guide you.
Fact: 30,000 gallons per minute of water flows as fast as 20mph (32 km/h) over a composite vinyl surface to generate this thin, fast-moving sheet of water.
Come flow with us!
MONDAYS TO SUNDAYS & PH: 12.15pm to 8.45pm (last session starts at 8.15pm)
(Sessions run every 30 minutes)
Closed on Tuesday & Thursday
The more dynamic of the two sheet waves at Wave House Sentosa – the FlowBarrel pumps 100,000 gallons of water per minute flowing as fast as 30mph (48 km/h) to create the perfect endless barreling wave that can challenge many of the waves breaking along the reefs of Indonesia and other international surf meccas surfers travel the world looking for.
The FlowBarrel has become an international sensation, not just to surfers, but to all thrill seekers alike.
Flowboarding combines elements from a variety of board sports including surfing, snowboarding, skimboarding, skateboarding and wakeboarding.
It has evolved since the 1980s, tested and shaped by the world’s best alternative board athletes; such as epic surfer Kelly Slater, skateboard legend Tony Hawk, snowboard champion Terje Haakonsen, bodyboard inventor Tom Morey, snowboarding half pipe wizard Shaun White and skimboard master Bill “Beaker” Bryan. These giants have all learned the ways of the flow.
Today the FlowBarrel is an international sensation in a sport where the best riders are busting air-defying tricks on endless perfect sheet waves at Wave Houses all over the world, including Wave House Sentosa.
If you are seeking the adrenaline rush of a lifetime, come on down to Wave House Sentosa to experience the latest in board sport technology.
WAVE HOUSE SENTOSA HOUSE RULES
- Minimum 3 riders are required for a 30 minutes public FlowBarrel session to commence.
- Payment and Registration at the Wave Desk must be completed at least 30 minutes prior to the hour you intend to ride.
- All rides are subject to availability on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Valid for walk-in only, no phone reservations.
- Call Wave Desk Hotline at 6238 1196 for wave enquiries.
- Call our main line at 6377 3113 for corporate/ private lane bookings.
RULES OF RIDING
- All riders must present a government photo identification in order to ride.
- You must be over 107cm (42”) to bodyboard on the Double FlowRider.
- You must be over 133cm (52”) to ride standup on the Double FlowRider or FlowBarrel.
- FlowBarrel – Riders are highly encouraged to ride the Double FlowRider for at least 1 hour before riding the FlowBarrel.
- Riders under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian with a valid photo identification to sign on their indemnity agreement.
- You must be able to swim in fast-moving, turbulent water.
- Do not participate if you have had any recent surgery or illness.
- Do not participate if you have a heart condition or neck, back, bone ailments, or if you know that you are pregnant.
- Do not participate if you suffer from high blood pressure or aneurysms.
- Do not participate if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.